We invite you to join Oregon Onsite Wastewater Association
JOIN NOW – Sign up online and pay with a credit card or mail in a check.
Membership in organizations such as O2WA are essential in keeping you connected with a community of higher professionalism, providing professional development, and supporting your local community through a variety of valuable programs.
O2WA provides a forum for research, exchange of ideas, information and technology among private industry, professionals and government policy makers and regulators.
Mission – Our mission is to support our members through educational programs and opportunities, to encourage professionalism, and to protect Oregon’s environment and public health.
Vision – Our vision is to build a meaningful community of professionals where members can exchange ideas, gain knowledge and collaborate for the good of Oregon.O2WA is an organization supporting persons engaged in the design, installation, maintenance, pump and regulation of onsite wastewater treatment and disposal systems.
- Discount at Annual Conference & Fall Mini Conference
Your attendance at professional conferences and training opportunities provides exposure to new products and perhaps new ideas. Members receive discount.
- Business Development – Promoting Members on the Website: The website is in the process of being redesigned with a searchable membership directory. This will give O2WA a new and more accessible presence on the internet.
- Public Outreach
- Discount at Continuing Education Courses Online
- Scholarship Program: Each year the O2WA Members and their family may apply for a scholarship.
- Quarterly Industry News
- Connection & Communication with Peers in the Industry
- National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) membership – learn more
O2WA Code of Ethics
Oregon Onsite Wastewater Association (O2WA) is a non-profit organization defined under §501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Members of the O2WA are committed to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in the onsite wastewater treatment and dispersal systems industry (Industry). They are dedicated to providing quality service, products, education, and research. They put public welfare, safety and protecting the environment first. The members of O2WA shall uphold this Code of Ethics.
O2WA’S COMMITMENT: O2WA’s commitment is to promote the highest standards with onsite wastewater treatment and dispersal systems while adhering to and promoting the ethical principles expressed herein. These ethical principles and values are based on a commitment to:
• Provide innovative and lawful efforts to solve onsite wastewater problems to assure that the general public receives the highest possible standard of safe, sanitary and environmentally sound onsite wastewater service.
• Endeavor for excellence in all aspects of the onsite wastewater treatment and dispersal industry.
• Strive for the long-term success of all stakeholders in the Industry.
• Treat all people within and outside the Industry with respect and dignity
• Be transparent at all times
• Promote positive leadership and lead by example.
MEMBER’S COMMITMENT: As a member of O2WA, I commit myself to the highest standards of conduct and honorable behavior. As a member O2WA, I consider myself to be a professional, and will conduct all activities in a professional manner, and in such a way as to reflect the principles and values of the O2WA.
GENERAL OBLIGATIONS: Members shall endeavor to know and understand the county and state statutes, codes, laws, and regulations applicable to the Industry as well as to their own activities. They shall compete honestly and lawfully, building their businesses through their own skills and merits in the Industry. Members shall avoid any act that might promote their individual interests at the expense of the integrity of the Industry, and avoid conduct that might discredit the Industry or deceive others.
OBLIGATIONS TO OTHERS: Members shall represent themselves and the benefits of the Association faithfully and honestly with integrity and professionalism. They shall convey their credentials, training, experience, and abilities with integrity and pride. Members shall always seek to enhance the reputation of the Industry with others by the way they communicate and interact. Members shall avoid conflicts of interest through disclosure to appropriate parties.
OBLIGATIONS TO PROFESSIONALISM: Members shall strive to maintain and advance their skills and knowledge of the Industry. They will continually seek to improve their own professional expertise by staying informed of scientific and technological developments in the Industry. They shall always seek to advance the integrity of the Industry. Members shall admit and take responsibility for their own errors when proven wrong, and not seek to alter or distort facts in an effort to justify decisions.
GUIDELINES: As an O2WA member I shall attempt to follow these guidelines
• Refuse to engage in, or tolerate, racial, sexual, or ethnic discrimination.
• Cooperate with other individuals within or outside of the Industry and work with them toward the advancement of the profession.
• Refuse to engage in actions for personal gain that may conflict with the interests of the Industry.
• Maintain the confidentiality of a privileged nature entrusted to me.
• Serve all people with quality and fairness and equally.
• Be fair and honest to myself as well as those I serve.
Approved and Adopted by the O2WA Board of Directors on July 24, 2013.