Congratulations to the 5 students that received scholarships for the 2017/2018 school year.
The O2WA Scholarship Fund committed $12,000.00 for this school year. This is possible from the funds raised at the annual conference.
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of this scholarship program is to:
- Promote the education of members of the Oregon Onsite Wastewater Association (O2WA) and their sons or daughters in any field of higher education, and
- Promote education in the environmental sciences or other related academic pursuits that apply to the field of onsite wastewater treatment.
Twenty (20) percent of the weight in scoring applications provides an incentive toward fields of study related to the onsite industry.
Value and Number of Awards
The Scholarship Committee may award multiple scholarships of $1,500, depending on fundraising, in any given year to one or more graduating high school students and/or one or more currently enrolled college students. The number of Awards, combination of Awardees, and amount of each Award will be at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. A larger scholarship amount or additional scholarships may be made in any year with prior approval from the Board of Directors.
The scholarship award(s) will be made directly to the scholarship winner(s) following submission of proof of registration and attendance by an appropriate faculty member for the current academic period.
Schedule of Selection
May 31 – Deadline for submission of application materials to Scholarship Committee
August 30 – Announcement of scholarship recipients
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a child or dependent, age 25 or less, of a current O2WA Member (Individual or listed Corporate Member) in good standing as of May 31 of the preceding year planning to study or currently studying in any field of higher education. A child or dependent is defined as a son or daughter (including step-children) living in the members household or primarily supported by the member; or
- Be a non-O2WA member interested in pursuing an education beyond high school through study in fields related to onsite wastewater treatment. Students are limited to relevant fields of study that apply to the field of onsite wastewater treatment, including, but are not limited to, public health, environmental science, soil science, engineering, construction technology, or biology.
- Be a high school senior or graduate who plans to enroll as a full-time student or is already enrolled as a full-time student in a technical or undergraduate field of study at an accredited vocational school, two-year college or four-year college or university; and
- Complete and submit the scholarship application and all required attachments by the stated deadline. Candidates need not be Oregon residents or attend Oregon schools.
Further, O2WA pledges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, marital or veteran status, creed, religion or disability.
Any questions about the plan or application form or application process please email the O2WA office at email@example.com.
We’re sure there are others who either donated late or did not fill out a Donor Card and are not listed here. If you’re one of them, and would like to be listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.